Benefits for cardholders
The APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) cuts through the red tape of business travel, and gives accredited business people pre-cleared entry to participating APEC economies. Card holders enjoy:
· Fast-track entry and exit through special APEC lanes at major airports, and multiple short term entry to these economies for a minimum of 59 days stay each visit.
· No need to individually apply for visas or entry permits each time you travel to any of the participating APEC economies as the card is your visa.
· Cards are valid for five years from first issue.
Why the card was developed
The APEC Business Travel Card was developed in response to the need for business people to gain streamlined entry to the economies of the Asia-Pacific region. This enables business people to explore new business opportunities, attend meetings and conduct trade and investment activities.
There are 19 economies currently participating in the ABTC Scheme: Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Chile, China, Hong Kong (China), Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Republic of the Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Chinese Taipei, Thailand and Vietnam. The United States of America and Canada are currently transitional members of the scheme.
Who is eligible?
To apply for the card, you need to be a business person who:
· Is a passport holder of a participating economy i.e. citizen (or a Hong Kong permanent resident with any valid travel document);
· Travels regularly to conduct trade and investment activities in the APEC region; and
· Has not been convicted of a criminal offence.
Some economies require additional information and may impose additional eligibility criteria. Refer to your home economy for information and the application form.
Copyright © 2017 Papua New Guinea Immigration & Citizenship Service Authority